Find a plant from this blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Gomphrena globosa - Purple


Scientific name: Gomphrena globosa

Common name: Bachelor's Button, Globe Amaranth
Malay name: Bunga Butang

Family: Amaranthaceae
Origin: India
Category: Annual plant
Photo Taken at: My home garden

The true species has magenta bracts. Cultivars have colors such as purple, red, white, pink, and lilac.

This is my entry for Cottage Floral Thursdays #18, my grateful thanks to Fishtail Cottage. To participate and view other entries around the world, please click here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for joining Fishtail Cottage's, Cottage Flora Thursday's! I thew out Bachelor button seeds this year for my first time - great to see yours already in bloom! Look forward to seeing you again this week! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You like flowers too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...